Our Top Writing Tips & Tricks for CELPIP (With Examples)!
When doing writing in CELPIP, there are lots of situations you face where you want to figure out better (or the best) tips to use sentences and phrases. Here is a list of the situations you might want to write on, and how to make those common wordings unique and complex with better phrasing that will make it impressive for the examiner to help you achieve a 9 or 10!
1. Instead of saying “On the other hand, let’s look at the other option.”, say “Nonetheless, for the sake of playing devil’s advocate…..”
2. Instead of saying “Option A is better”, say “Option A seems to be the viable selection”
3. Instead of saying “Option A will not be good”, say “Option A will not yield the apropos result”
4. Instead of saying “(something) should be done”, say “It is imperative that (something) is undertaken”
5. Instead of saying “Option A will provide…… and also provide…….”, say “The pros of Option A are not simply limited to……. but also expand to areas of…….”
6. Instead of saying “I am writing to complain about”, say “The purpose of my writing is to lodge a complaint regarding…”
7. Instead of saying “My suggestion will be….”, say “If I may, it is highly recommended to….”
8. Instead of saying “I was very upset”, say “I couldn’t help but be despondent at the state of…”
9. Instead of saying “Please fix this as soon as possible.”, say “Please remedy the situation as it is a time-sensitive matter.”
10. Instead of saying “I want to invite you guys over to visit me”, say “My doors are always open awaiting a visit from your beautiful family!”
Use these simple techniques and your writing mark will be boosted with a smiling face from the examiner 🙂
Now, let’s have a look at things such as point-taking, skeleton, outline, structure, etc.
The only thing you need to know is that it works!
Please look at the following outlines prepared and refer to our YouTube video here to understand how it was done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ–_3qYcls
You are looking for a part-time job at a football club.
Write a letter to the manager of the football club. In your letter:
Personal. Work related
explain what experience and special skills you have
tell him/her when you think you could start
Check out internet’s best selling CELPIP Online Course with a Money-Back Guarantee! https://hzadeducation.com/product/classes-celpip/
You saw an advertisement for a tennis course in England but you have one or two problems and can’t stay the whole course.
Write a letter to the course director. In your letter:
explain your interest in the course
feeling (passion/interest)—-family has been doing this
describe your problems
someone is sick back home—–there is no one to take care of them
find out if a refund is possible
ask directly for a refund—-if not possible, partial refund
You are due to move into a rented apartment next month but you will not be able to because you have some problems.
Write a letter to the landlord. In your letter:
explain your situation
Unfortunately, I cannot move in—work situation as the company is having financial struggles
describe your problems
I didn’t get my paycheck to pay next month’s rent-i have no one to help me
tell him/her when you think you can move in
friends can help me move next month: date—— Good weather, will be easier to move without the snow on that date
Need FREE CELPIP Materials Before Your Exam?
You don’t really need to buy materials! For reading, listening, writing and speaking, there is a way to do it all for FREE! Watch this video to understand: