Today, one of our classes focused on strategic ways to write a proper essay. If you were in our class this week, you would have had an opportunity to get an assessment of how well you would have done.
INTERESTED? I can catch you up, so keep reading…
HERE ARE THREE STRATEGIC STEPS ON HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY WRITE AMAZING ESSAYS
This structure is suitable for all Task 2 questions. Including a greeting, closing and signoff are acceptable, but not necessary.
1. CHOOSE AN OPTION: Write one or two sentences in your own words. State which option you prefer and avoid writing a long introductory paragraph.
a. In your introductory statement, you need to acknowledge TWO things:
i. Validity of the other option and
ii. Reason why you chose the other option.
2. BODY PARAGRAPHS: Give 2-3 reasons for your choice and support each one with details.
a. Now you NEED TO BUILD 2-3 STRONG ARGUMENTS FOR YOUR OPTION:
[Note: This sample is based on recreational options from the municipality in your area. Option A: A recreation center should be built. Or Option B: A shopping mall is needed]
i. Park will help people transform their life.
ii. It can enhance the city’s overall appearance.
iii. It can become a top tourist destination.
3. SUPPORTING YOUR ARGUMENTS AND IDEAS WITH CONCRETE DETAILS
i. A.) Not only will it have positive effects on people’s physical health, but it will also improve their mental stability and happiness levels.
ii. A.) The perfect place to organize picnic romantic dates, and even municipality events
iii. A.) Increase the economy of our society even better than a shopping mall.
4. CONCLUDING STATEMENT: Write one or two sentences to sum up the message. Avoid simply repeating the introductory statement, and avoid writing a long concluding paragraph.
a.) WRAP-UP and SUMMARIZE.
Basically, you will have to paraphrase the first statement. Make sure to use transitional phrases such as: as can be seen; generally speaking; in the final analysis; all things considered; as shown above; in the long run; given these points; etc.
5. Finally, do not use the same words in a paragraph. This is what we call repetitive. To be a good writer, you need to be able to demonstrate alternative words in your essay.
a. At this point use different connectors, agreements, additions, etc.
6. Double check your essay by checking:
a. Structure: your essay needs to have at least 5-6 paragraphs.
b. Word Count: 150 -200 words
c. Check your grammar and word choices
PS: If you are struggling with your writing, do not hesitate to join our class this week…
Lately, our students have surpassed the level of their examiner’s expectation because of all the strategies we teach them.
SIGN UP for a 45-minute FREE ASSESSMENT for loads of information that you WON’T find anywhere else.
Looking forward to hearing from you!